When you start leg exercises and you want to focus on the quadriceps, the best choice for this would be leg extensions. Leg extensions are a must-have for every leg workout if you want your legs to look great and be well-defined.
One of the ways to do this exercise is to use the leg extension machine. The leg extension machine, as you can see in the picture, is a machine in which the movement is executed by sitting on its chair. The muscles that are involved in leg extensions are the quadriceps. Next, I will explain step by step how to do this basic leg workout exercise.
How to do a proper Leg Extension:
- Sit on the machine’s chair and grab the handles really tight in order to keep your body from moving.
- Bend your legs and place them under the special brackets of the machine.
- Start lifting your legs until they reach a horizontal position.
- Don’t forget to breathe out at the end of each rep.
Leg extensions are on of the best leg exercises as they work and isolate the quadriceps.
Also, if you’re just starting bodybuilding you can rely on this exercise which is performed using the leg extension machine. It will help you strengthen your quadriceps before you move on to even more complex leg exercises.
- It is really easy to do this exercise correctly.
- It is a very good exercise if you only want to work your quadriceps.
- It helps you develop your muscles for more complex exercises.
- It puts pressure on the knees (you should avoid this exercise if you have any problems with your ligaments).
- There is a slight risk of experiencing patella deviation.
- It is very tough on your articulations.